Sunday, July 16, 2017

Recast Mourngul and thoughts

I would like to begin this article with a statement. I am Australian. If you do not understand why this is important when considering my viewpoint on recasts, then you need to google "Why is Warhammer so expensive in Australia" and read one of the 1,100,000 results that pop up in google.

Anyway, I have no qualms at all when it comes to buying recasts (except to my FLGS, but he doesn't sell Forgeworld). So when I began gaining interest in Age of Sigmar, and had a look at Death, which eventually led me to looking at the Mourngul, I fell in love with the model. The fact that its rules are just plain nasty is a bonus. So between seeing it and hearing about the imminent release of Path to Glory, I wanted one. So I checked out my local recaster, who I have used several times to buy things such as Blood Angel's doors and shoulder pads, and found that they indeed sold it for the measly price of $33 AUD with free shipping. to compare this to buying it legitimately from Forgeworld, it would cost in the area of $75 AUD (including shipping). Now that I have the model I can say that the quality is fantastic. The model looks great and there is nowhere I see any lost detail. I have had problems in the past with some of their Blood Angel doors (to be fair they are older sculpts, with lots of thin small detail), but this is flawless. There are some joins that could be a tad more flush, but that's just the nature of resin, and a splodge of greenstuff would fix that no problem. What are your thoughts on recasting?



1 comment: