Monday, July 31, 2017

Blood Angels vs Ynnari

Had a 2000pt friendly last weekend, my BA vs his Ynnari. Was a good game that really came down to a handful of good/bad rolls, and I got to use my new Leviathan

My List:
Vanguard Detachment:
Hq: Terminator Captain with TH/SS
Troops: Tactical Squad triple plasma, Tactical Squad triple flamer (Rhino)
Elites: TH/SS Terminators, DC Dred
Heavy Support: Land Raider Crusader, Baal Predator, Leviathan Siege Dreadnought

Auxiliary Detachment:
Vindicare Assassin

I'm not sure of the exact forces that my friend was using but it went something like this:
Hq: Farseer on Jetbike, Archon
Troops: Guardians
Elites: Harlequins, Incubi
Fast Attack: Jetbikes, 2 venoms
Heavy Support: 2 War Walkers, Raider/Ravager, Wraithguard (Wave Serpent)
Flyer: Hemlock Wraithfighter

I took first turn, moved my army forward and the Vindicare fired the first shot at the enemy Farseer. I  rolled a 1. Command Point to the rescue. I then rolled a 6. Followed by another 6 to wound. Ap didn't allow any saves and invulns are ignored. Then rolled another 6 for damage and got First Blood and Slay the Warlord. Good times. Leviathans Storm Cannon shredded a War Walker and the LR and Predator removed a couple of flyer wounds.

Ynnari turn 1: everything advanced and deleted the Plasma Tactical's set up on my left field objective and my Baal Predator.

BA turn 2: Wave Serpent was right in front of me and had the 5 Wraithguard in it. I think every 40k player has heard those horror stories. But I had my termis in the LR so all I had to do was destroy the Serpent and I would have a guaranteed charge against them. So I fired literally everything at the Serpent and couldnt fucking kill it. Destroyed it in the ensuing assault phase.

Ynnari turn 2: Fearing the damage that the TH/SS termis could do, Darren fired his entire army against them and killed a grand total of 1 of them. Boy did I feel a bit better after that. His Archon, fed up with the armies inability to kill them charged with the Incubi and wiped them down to the Sergeant. As the Archon turned around to gloat, the sergeant proceeded to brain him right through his 2+ invuln as Darren immediately rolled a 1 on the first save he had to take.

BA turn 3. Flame Tacticals, DC Dred, Leviathan and LR mopped up the Harlequins, Incubi and everything else near assault and the guardians and Wraithguard

Ynnari turn 3: Wraithfighter destroyed DC Dred, and the remainder of the army took pot shots and spread out to objectives.

BA turn 4: Began to chase down the enemies who were running away, Leviathan destroying some venoms.

Ynnari turn 4: Conceded

In the end it rather fluffily ended with the Eldar retreating because my marines were just too tough. The Leviathan and LR had only taken about 4 wounds between them and were still throwing out insane firepower. My tactical squad was holding his table side objective, so all I had to do was make sure I could stop him from taking any more objectives, which was fairly easy as I was in the process of removing him from several and he just didn't have the staying power. I had also had first blood, slay the warlord and linebreaker.

It was a close game though hinging on a couple of close turns. Sorry if its a bit confusing to read, Im doing it all off of memory a couple of days later. But it was great game with some good highlights (mostly incompetence).

No comments:

Post a Comment