Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Back from holiday, looking to put those Blood Angels on the table.

Been back from from my holiday for a little bit now, and immediately got sick. Should have planned for it really, but hopefully that gets it out of the way for the rest of term. Due to a delay in paints at my FLGS (and my cold), my cheesy double Stormraven list has not yet hit the table, but I have put some work into the second tactical squad, and a Land Raider Crusader, both of which are nearly finished. If the paint comes in this week I hope to be able to get the Stormraven's at least table ready for my first real game of 8th this coming weekend, as they are still not fully assembled due to painting that darn clear plastic. At the moment my list looks like this:
Lemartes - 1/2 done
Terminator Captain TH/SS - done

Tactical Squad (H Flamer, Flamer, Combi-Flamer, Sword) - done
Tactical Squad (Plasma Cannon, Plasma gun, Combi-plas, Sword) - just needs basing and some small details

Assault Terminators TH/SS - done
Death Company (6 models, 2 Mauls, 1 Axe - 1/4 done

Assault Squad (2x Meltaguns, Inferno Pistol, Sword) - done

Baal Predator (Assault Cannons and Heavy Bolters) - done

Rhino - done

Stormraven (Assault Cannons, Heavy Bolters, Hurricanes)
Stormraven (Lascannons, Multi-meltas)

All fits nicely into a 2000 point battalion detachment (provided you split one of the tacticals into 2 small 5 man squads, but its so much neater to write it like I do). Plan is to murder things with the Stormravens and Pred whilst also getting them close enough to drop off the Terminators and the flame squad to bring pain. DC and Lemartes assault out of reserve with Lemartes' rerolls and command points, and the assault squad to play mind games and hopefully pop and juicy target, if I'm lucky.  Plas tacs to secure objectives and give some fire support with Rhino. I think its a fairly balanced list, and the double cheese is alleviated somewhat by the balance. That being said my meta is made up of friends who don't mind all that much. And they are also friends who play Ynnari, Imperial Guard, and Dark Eldar, so who are they to judge? Let me know what you think of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment