Sunday, September 10, 2017

A good weekends work

I have been eyeing up Age of Sigmar for a while now, specifically death as I get some good old Heroes 3 vibes from it and recently decided to make the plunge. What pushed me was the release of the small allies boxes, specifically Nighthaunt Tormented Spirits. I've been wanting to do Nighthaunt since I built my Mourngul earlier this year and using a paint scheme I found over at Mengel Miniatures (http://www.mengelminiatures.com/2017/02/showcase-vanguard-nighthaunts-army.html) I quickly whipped up an army and the results are fantastic.
 Whilst I wont be winning any awards for painting, I really love how visually striking this army is. Not only that but this army was a breeze to paint taking me about roughly 5 hours to paint all the models and another 2-3 to do the bases and details. I slightly altered the paints used so my method is as follows:
- Spray white but dont try too hard to get the deepest recesses, a bit of grey helps for definition.
- paint with 50/50 Lahmian Medium/Nihilakh Oxide
- Lightly drybrush with Praxeti White on raised areas
- done
The Mourngul was shaded with Coelia Greenshade on his hands and mouth before the drybrushing.
I based with Astroganite Debris/Nuln Oil/Dawnstone Dry like I usually do because I like the idea they are walking through ruined tombs and such.
I am currently waiting on a second Cairn Wraith in the mail which gets me to exactly 1000 points (and is completely coincidentally the same army Mengel Miniatures use. I wasnt planning on getting the Tomb Banshee but it was just there on display looking oh so buyable.)
Now when I have some more money I have my eye of the Start Collecting: Malignant Box. Any reason is a good reason to buff up my spirit hosts and hexwraiths after how they played in my last game. And the Mortis Engine looks amazing (even though you cant legally take it as an ally, like seriously?)
 I have a game coming up on Thursday and I will try and take some photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment